May 16, 2011
Western National Insurance Group Announces 2011 Scholarship Recipients
(Minneapolis, Minn.) Western National Insurance Group today announced that its scholarship committee has selected six applicants to receive merit-based college scholarships worth $2,500 each for the upcoming fall term.
- Kayla Berg (Fairbanks, Alaska), who will begin her freshman year this fall at the University of Alaska–Fairbanks studying Nursing
- Kasandra Brown (Madison, Wis.), who will begin her junior year this fall at the University of Wisconsin–Madison studying Community & Environmental Sociology and Gender & Women’s Studies
- Madison Densmore (Ankeny, Iowa), who will begin her freshman year this fall at Truman State University (Kirksville, Mo.) studying English and French
- Bryson Ensign (Salt Lake City, Utah), who will begin his freshman year this fall at Brigham Young University (Provo, Utah) studying Business
- Allison Kalkman (Bloomington, Minn.), who will begin her sophomore year this fall at Gustavus Adolphus College (St. Peter, Minn.) studying Elementary Education and Dance
- William Soule (Santiago, Minn.), who will begin his freshman year this fall at Bethany Lutheran College (Mankato, Minn.) studying Business Administration
“It is very rewarding to be able to grant our scholarships to such a talented and accomplished group of young people,” said Western National president and chief executive officer Stuart Henderson. “Supporting their educational pursuits is an investment in their future as well as in the future of the communities where these students work and live. Congratulations to our ‘Class of 2011’.”
Western National Insurance Group, headquartered in Edina, Minn., is a super-regional group of nine active companies serving the property-and-casualty insurance needs of individuals, families, and businesses. The group secures a policyholder surplus of more than $250 million on annual written premium of more than $290 million. The group’s products are sold exclusively through professional independent agents in 13 states in the Midwestern, Northwestern, and Southwestern U.S.
For further information, please contact:
Steve Norman, AIT*
Director of Communications
(952) 921–5680 or (800) 862–6070 Ext. email@example.com
* Associate in Information Technology (AICPCU-IIA)