May 17, 2010
Western National Insurance Group Announces 2010 Scholarship Recipients
(Minneapolis, Minn.) Western National Insurance Group today announced that its scholarship committee has selected seven outstanding applicants to receive college scholarships worth $2,500 each for the upcoming fall term.
- Abby Bretl (Antigo, Wis.), who will begin her freshman year this fall at Concordia University (Mequon, Wis.) studying Early Childhood Education
- Kasandra Brown (Bloomington, Minn.), who will begin her sophomore year this fall at the University of Wisconsin–Madison studying Community and Environmental Sociology
- Olivia Decker (Darwin, Minn.), who will begin her freshman year this fall at Concordia College (Moorhead, Minn.) studying Elementary Education
- Allison Kalkman (Bloomington, Minn.), who will begin her freshman year this fall at Gustavus Adolphus College (St. Peter, Minn.) studying Education and Dance
- Jennifer Reach (Eden Prairie, Minn.), who will begin her senior year this fall at Purdue University (West Lafayette, Ind.) studying Marketing and International Business
- Megan Spanjers (Mendota Heights, Minn.), who will begin her sophomore year this fall at Davidson College (Davidson, N.C.) studying Psychology.
- Camille Stewart (Seattle, Wash.), who will begin her freshman year this fall at University of Oregon – Robert D. Clark Honors College (Eugene, Oregon)
“We’re pleased to be able to award these seven scholarships to such a talented and accomplished group of young people,” said Western National president and chief executive officer Stuart Henderson. “Supporting their educational pursuits is an investment in their future as well as in the future of the communities where these students work and live. Congratulations to our ‘Class of 2010’.”
Western National Insurance Group, headquartered in Edina, Minn., is a super-regional property-and-casualty insurance group writing over $240 million in Direct Premium in ten states. The group consists of four active companies (Western National Mutual Insurance Company, Western National Assurance Company, Pioneer Specialty Insurance Company, and Titan Property & Casualty Insurance Company) serving personal and commercial customers in Minnesota, Nevada, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wisconsin, as well as commercial customers in Iowa, Illinois, and North Dakota. An affiliation with Fond du Lac, Wis.-based Wisconsin American Mutual Insurance Company is currently pending Board and regulatory approval. All of the group’s products are sold exclusively through professional independent agents.
For further information, please contact:
Mary S. Manley
SVP Corporate Affairs & Administration