ARIZONA CONTRACTORS LICENSE BONDS
Claim Reporting Information
A claimant may notify Western National Mutual Insurance Company's Surety Claims Department of a potential claim under an Arizona Contractors License Bond by regular mail. However, please note that per Arizona law (A.R.S. 32-1152) a person seeking recovery from the bond "shall maintain an action at law" against both the contractor and surety if claiming against the surety bond. As per the statute, coverage differs for residential and commercial licenses and is subject to the two-year statute of limitations.
To submit a claim against an Arizona Contractors License Bond, please follow the instructions below:
- Download, fully complete, and sign the Claims Questionnaire available below.
- Provide a copy of your judgment or decision from the Arizona Registrar of Contractors.
- Make copies of all supporting documentation, including:
- Contracts and/or subcontracts
- Cancelled checks
- Correspondence, including letters, emails, and text messages
- Photographs, along with descriptions of the incomplete or improper work
- Any other documentation you believe will support your claim
Please note: It is not possible to submit a valid claim with a telephone call, and email is not available for an initial claim. A well-documented claim can be lengthy, and mailing it in is the fastest way for us to begin working on your claim. If you wish to confirm that we have received your claim, we would suggest that you send it by certified or express mail. You should receive a response within 7 to 10 business days after mailing your claim.
Claim Contact Information
Western National Mutual Insurance Company
Attn: Surety Claims Department
4700 West 77th Street
Edina, MN 55435
Fax: (952) 921-9295